- "Well... I had a long day."
- "I'm really tired."
- "This weather (or traffic or public transit) was shit today."
- "I'll deal with it tomorrow or Monday or after summer or in the new year."
- "I don't have time right now."
- "I'll deal with it later."
- "I guess this is just the way it is."
- "I don't wanna..."
- "It's too hard."
- "I don't know how."
- "It's too much money."
- "It's out of my comfort zone."
Those are just some of the justifications and rationalizations that we make to not do something or to put something off. We all do it. And then things get put off or don't get done at all. We get caught up with the minutiae of life, the small things. We get stuck in the weeds. It then becomes a month or a year or years later and we still haven't done what we originally set out to do.
Let's talk about this. Let's figure this out together. Please join the judgment-free convHERsation. We will also hear from 4 different women as they share their personal stories on this topic. All women that speak are regular, everyday, extraordinary women.
This is a judgment-free convHERsation. There will also be a Q&A portion throughout the evening. And if you want to just listen, that is ok too.
This is a safe space to hear different sides of the story.
What else happens at the ABOUT WOMEN events?
These events are unique. It's kind of like a support group for being a woman. It's a place to not feel alone. It's also a networking event in disguise. I say "in disguise" because it's not like other networking events where the first thing you talk about is your job. We talk about being human beings and our struggles and our awesomeness and then sometimes our jobs are talked about. It's a place to connect. To find other women that get it. We laugh. Sometimes we even cry. And that's ok. Because this is a safe space. Questions are asked to the audience and we have a group convHERsation. Sometimes the women in the audience ask questions too. Of course, you don't have to answer if you don't want. No one will ever make you speak. It's casual. It's comfortable. It's motivational.
- $5 SPECIAL pricing for women that attend the 7/18/2018 ABOUT WOMEN event
- $10 in advance (Online sales end at 1:00pm on day of event)
- $15 at the door (cash and credit cards accepted)
- Upstairs of Pizzeria Serio - 1708 W. Belmont, Chicago
- Food and drinks available for purchase
- Half-price bottles of wine
- Half-price appetizers
- Gluten-free options - including pizza
Please click here to purchase tickets.
Also - for those that got this invite - this event is open to ALL WOMEN and WOMEN-IDENTIFIED - so please share this event with your lady friends. The more women that come, the sooner we change the world - for the better. THANK YOU!